This Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili makes for the perfect healthy meal on a cold winter day! It’s made in the crockpot and can be enjoyed for lunch and dinner throughout the week!
I’ve made chili almost every week this winter. I never get sick of it. I love having a healthy meal prepped in the fridge all week long that I can bring to work with me or have for lunch or dinner after running errands all day. It’s so easy to make too- everything just gets thrown into the crockpot for 4 hours and then it’s done! I alternate between this chili recipe and my Turkey and Quinoa Crockpot Chili– they’re very similar!
My Turkey and Sweet Potato Crockpot Chili is full of flavor and has a ton of nutritional benefits:
- Sweet potatoes are full of Vitamin A and Vitamin C
- Ground turkey is a great option for lean protein. Ground chicken can also be substituted in this recipe if you prefer!
- Black beans are a great source of fiber and protein
- and finally- tomatoes! Tomatoes are also full of Vitamin A and C.
Now onto toppings. My favorite ones include avocado, plain greek yogurt (substituted for sour cream), and a few chips for some crunch! I also like my chili extra spicy so I drizzle some sriracha on top too! What are your favorite chili toppings?
If you give my Turkey and Sweet Potato Crockpot Chili recipe a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram, @becksliveshealthy. Enjoy!
Turkey & Sweet Potato Crockpot Chili
- (1) 15 oz can tomato sauce
- (2) 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- (1) 15 oz can corn (drained)
- (1) 15 oz can black beans (drained)
- 1 cup diced white onions
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into ½ in cubes
- 1 package lean ground turkey (brown the turkey on the stovetop before adding it to crockpot)
- (1) 16 oz jar of chunky salsa
- 1 cup water
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper
- Avocado slices
- Plain greek yogurt
- Add all of the above ingredients to the crockpot (except the toppings)
- Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, & sriracha all to taste
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Serve with toppings of choice! Enjoy!
This Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili makes for the perfect healthy meal on a cold winter day! It's made in the crockpot and can be enjoyed for lunch and dinner throughout the week!