Kale salads are seriously my FAV! When Rob and I go out to dinner, the first thing I look for on the menu is a kale salad. If they don’t have one then we leave. haha, kidding…but I really love kale salads and luckily most of restaurants where we live have them on their menu. I don’t just order them when I go out to eat because I’m “trying to be good.” I really enjoy eating them. My favorite combo usually includes kale with some type of grain, goat cheese or feta, fruit, and nuts for a little crunch!
This salad is full of SO many fall flavors from the crunchy honey crisp apples, the roasted butternut squash, and crunchy pecans. It makes a great dish to bring to your Thanksgiving party, prep for lunch during the busy work week, or have for dinner with some chicken at home. I actually think this salad tastes better the day after you make it because all the flavors combine while it’s sitting in the fridge! I am SO excited for apple and squash season so I can make this salad again =)
Fall Harvest Kale Salad With Orange Vinaigrette
- 4 cups kale de-stemmed
- 1 cup shaved Brussels
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup roasted cubed butternut squash
- 1 Honey crisp apple thinly sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Place orange juice, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar into a small bowl and whisk.
- Massage kale and shaved Brussels with vinaigrette and refrigerate for 5-10 mins.
- Combine the kale, apples, roasted squash, goat cheese, pecans, pomegranate seeds, and cooked quinoa.
Roasted butternut squash:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fareinheit.
- Toss squash with coconut oil and sea salt then arrange on baking sheet.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown.
This fall harvest kale salad makes for a great holiday dish or can be served with chicken for a weeknight meal!