Pumpkin pie for breakfast? Yes please! I’ve been loving this recipe for years!
Not only is it healthy, but it comes together in minutes!
I could eat this bowl year round. It’s just so good!! It seriously tastes like pumpkin pie, but it’s good for you! It’s packed with protein and carbs, so it makes the perfect post- workout meal!
I’ve been adding egg whites to my oatmeal for years. It sounds a little odd, but trust me it makes the oatmeal so fluffy. Plus, it adds an extra dose of protein!
I usually add a cinnamon or snickerdoodle protein powder to this recipe too- it adds more flavor, but feel free to leave that out if you rather get your protein solely from the egg whites!
Let me know if you give this recipe a try and be sure to tag me on Instagram @becksliveshealthy
Pumpkin Pie Protein Oatmeal
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin purée
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ mashed banana
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tbsp cinnamon or vanilla protein
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon + pumpkin pie spice
- Topping suggestions: crushed pecans, melted almond butter, banana slices
- Add all of the ingredients (except protein and egg whites) into a small pot.
- Cook over medium heat and bring to a simmer until desired thickness is reached.
- Remove from heat, add egg whites and stir or whisk to make sure they’re mixed in well.
- Add protein powder and combine into oats.
- Top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
This pumpkin pie protein oatmeal is loaded with pumpkin flavor and protein. It tastes like you're eating pumpkin pie for breakfast- but it's good for you!