I’m finally sharing a new recipe on the blog today- Snickerdoodle Protein Balls. They make the perfect healthy sweet treat or snack to enjoy on-the-go!
The last few months have been crazy! Between moving, the holidays, traveling to Hawaii to visit my sister and new baby nephew, and redecorating my new place, I haven’t been had time to test new recipes and take food photos. Now that my apartment is finally finished, I’m excited to cook more, create more recipes, and take food photos again. It finally feels like home here!
My Snickerdoodle Protein Ball recipe is the first new recipe I’m sharing! I love that they taste like little bites of peanut butter cookie dough. One of the best things about these protein balls, besides the amazing flavor, is that you should have almost all of the ingredients in your pantry! The only ingredient you may not have is the peanut butter collagen protein made by Primal Kitchen. Feel free to substitute with a different peanut butter protein powder, powder peanut butter, or vanilla protein powder.
These snickerdoodle protein balls are perfect to have before or after the gym or as a healthy afternoon snack! I’ve been picking up nursing shifts the past few weeks, so I’ve been needing some quick snacks to eat while I’m at work. I usually pack 2 of these in my lunch bag and have them as a mid- morning snack or in the late afternoon.
If you give this recipe a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram @becksliveshealthy. Enjoy!
Snickerdoodle Protein Balls
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup peanut butter collagen peptides (can substitute vanilla protein, peanut butter protein, or powdered peanut butter)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup or more of maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Add rolled oats to food processor or Vitamix and blend.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the cinnamon sugar topping. Pulse until fully combined (you may need to add slightly more maple syrup or a little bit of water if mixture is too dry).
- Roll into 1 inch balls
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar for the topping
- Roll the balls in the sugar until fully coated
- Store in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
Snickerdoodle Protein Balls! The perfect healthy sweet treat or snack to have on-the-go!