Stuffed bell peppers is one of my all time favorite meals. I decided to put a little twist on one of my favorite stuffed bell pepper recipe! Instead of stuffing the peppers you can enjoy the pepper mixture on it’s own! Sometimes I enjoy eating the mixture out of a bowl topped with salsa, avocado, and chips and other times I like eating it on top of a bed of spinach.
My unstuffed bell pepper skillet has the same ingredients and flavor as my favorite stuffed peppers recipe! It’s packed with ground turkey, quinoa, bell peppers, tomatoes, black beans, corn, onions, and spices! It’s the perfect family dinner recipe and makes a great dish to meal prep for the busy work week!
To make this recipe start by adding olive oil or non-stick cooking spray to a large skillet. Sauté ground turkey until lightly browned over medium heat. Then add in the diced onions, chopped bell peppers, tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add in cooked quinoa and spices, and stir until they’re well combined. Cook for another minute.
If you give my unstuffed bell pepper skillet a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram @becksliveshealthy Enjoy!!
Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet
- 4 chopped bell peppers (any color of your choice)
- 1- 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup medium diced white onion
- 1- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1- 15 oz can corn drained
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- tortilla chips
- Optional: place on bed of spinach and enjoy like a salad
- Spray large skillet with non stick cooking spray and sauté’ ground turkey until lightly browned.
- Add in tomatoes, onions, black beans, bell peppers, and corn. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add in cooked quinoa and spices until well combined.
- Remove from heat. Serve in a bowl topped with avocado slices, salsa, sriracha and a side of tortilla chips or place on a bed of spinach and top with avocado slices, salsa, and sriracha. Enjoy!
This unstuffed bell pepper turkey and quinoa skillet is the perfect recipe for the whole family to enjoy! It can also be meal prepped for the busy work week! Enjoy!