Oatmeal is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE foods to make after a workout or run! They are an excellent source of slow digesting carbs and help replenish muscle and liver glycogen stores that are lost during a workout. I LOVE mixing hot stovetop oats with yogurt. The cold & creamy yogurt with the hot oats makes for the dreamiest combo! I love adding Siggi’s yogurt to my oatmeal bowls, not only because it makes the oats even creamier, but it’s great to have after a workout because it’s higher in protein than most yogurts.
I’m always starving when I get home from the gym and this recipe comes together in no time! All you have to do is cook 1/2 cup rolled oats on stovetop with 1 cup vanilla almond milk and 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (fresh raspberries also work). Once the oats are done cooking, add 1 tbsp chia seeds and 1/2 cup raspberry Siggis. Next, pour the oatmeal mixture into a bowl and top with more berries, nut butter, hemp hearts, and granola for some crunch!
Any type of berry can be used in this recipe. I’ve made it with blueberries and blueberry yogurt before and it turned out just as good!
Let me know if you try my raspberry and cream oats! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @becksliveshealthy or send me a message! Enjoy!
Raspberry + Cream Stovetop Oats
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup raspberry Siggis yogurt
- Toppings- granola, nut butter, hemp seeds, raspberries
- Cook ½ cup rolled oats on stovetop with 1 cup almond milk and ½ cup frozen raspberries.
- Once oats are done cooking, add 1 tbsp chia seeds and ½ cup of raspberry Siggis. Mix together.
- Pour oatmeal mixture in a bowl.
- Top with raspberries, peanut butter, hemp hearts, and granola for some crunch! Enjoy!