It’s pumpkin season and I’m definitely not complaining about it. From pumpkin spice lattes to muffins and pies, I definitely can’t get enough of this vitamin-filled squash. I’m so excited to share my healthy and delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bar recipe!
My chocolate chip pumpkin oatmeal bars make the perfect breakfast on busy mornings before work. They can be made at the beginning of the week and enjoyed with a warm cup of coffee before the busy day begins. They also make a yummy afternoon snack when your sweet tooth kicks in. But before we dive into the recipe, let’s chat about the health benefits of pumpkin!
Pumpkin is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It’s particularly high in vitamins A, C, and E, magnesium, potassium, and beta-carotene. Pumpkin is also an excellent source of fiber, which helps keep you full longer. Not only does the pumpkin flesh provide health benefits, but the seeds do, too—they’re high in protein and healthy fats.
In this recipe I used both white and dark chocolate chips, because I personally love them both! Feel free to mix it up!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 8X8 square baking pan with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Add above ingredients into mixing bowl (except chocolate chips) and combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Allow oatmeal to cool before cutting into bars.
- Store in container in the refrigerator for up to a week! Enjoy!
Thanks to Fabletics for also featuring this recipe on their blog!