I can’t believe Halloween is at the end of the month! Rob and I are headed to Chile and will be gone for Halloween so I thought I would start celebrating early by making some sweet and salty treats!
Nut butter cups are hands down one of my favorite desserts! I love the sweet and salty combo from the chocolate and the nut butter. I love Justin’s White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and Eating Evolved’s Caramel Coconut Butter Cups, but lately I rather make my own… probably because I fill them with more nut butter and chocolate!
They’re just so tasty and the perfect treat to keep stashed in your freezer when your dessert craving hits!
I recently tried pecan butter for the first time. I’ve been hooked on cashew butter lately and I haven’t wanted to eat any other type of nut butter. As soon as I tried pecan butter I knew right away that I needed to make pecan butter cups!! I made both dark chocolate and white chocolate because I couldn’t decide which kind to make! Hope you guys enjoy =)
Salted Pecan Butter Cups
- 10 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 10 oz bag dark chocolate chips
- 10 tsp pecan butter (I used Georgia Grinders, but any pecan butter will work)
- pink Himalayan sea salt
- Crushed pecans
- Melt white and dark chocolate in the microwave (Stir every 30 seconds until chocolate becomes a liquid). Make sure to melt each chocolate separate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, place 1 tbsp of chocolate in each muffin tin lined with parchment paper cups. Place the muffin tin in the fridge or freezer for at least 10 mins.
- Remove muffin tin from fridge or freezer and add about 1 tbsp pecan butter to each muffin tin.
- Add remaining melted chocolate. Be sure to cover the pecan butter.
- Top each cup with crushed pecans and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place back in fridge or freezer for another 10 mins.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge or freezer!
These salted pecan butter cups are made with only 5 ingredients and come together in no time!! They make for the perfect after dinner treat. Enjoy!