Soft and chewy dark chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies. They’re the perfect treat for the holiday season, but can be enjoyed any time of the year! They also make for a healthy snack crumbled on top of some vanilla greek yogurt.
These soft and chewy dark chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies are so yummy. When I made them during the holidays last year they didn’t last long in my house. The ingredients can be easily be changed in this recipe too. I love using white chocolate chips in the place of dark chocolate sometimes or even dried cherries in the place of cranberries. The cranberries do add a fun pop of color for the holidays though!
I LOVE heating up these cookies with a little nut butter in the microwave for a few seconds then eating them with a little vanilla yogurt. It makes for such a tasty combo and a healthy afternoon snack or evening dessert.
What’s your favorite holiday cookie?
Dark Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- handful of dark chocolate chips
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the the oats, whole wheat flour, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Melt the almond butter in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds then mix into the wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients in the flour mixture and stir together.
- Fold in the cranberries and dark chocolate.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1 tbsp portions and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before placing onto a wire rack.
- These can be crumbled on top of vanilla greek yogurt for a healthy breakfast bowl or enjoyed on their own. Enjoy!
Soft and chewy dark chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies. They're the perfect treat for the holidays but can be enjoyed any time of the year! They're super yummy crumbled on top of vanilla greek yogurt for a healthy breakfast or enjoyed on their own for dessert.