Summer is almost here and I couldn’t be more excited! I love running outdoors in the summer and hitting the beach for a sunrise run. But with summer running, comes summer heat and humidity. I decided to put together a blog post sharing some of my favorite items to get through those hot summer workouts or long runs.
1. Light, airy workout tank– This one from lululemon is a favorite of mine for both running and training! Plus it doesn’t ride up!
2. Water Bottle– it’s super important to stay hydrated this time of year. This one made by Yeti is my favorite and keeps water cool for hours!
3. Running Hat- This one from lululemon is lightweight and sweat- wicking. Perfect for running in the summer heat.
4. Masks– Since most gyms (even the outdoor ones) are now requiring face masks I thought I would include these masks from lululemon. They’re so soft and breathable!
5. Sunscreen– Tula’s Protect and Glow Sunscreen is one of my favorites! I t’s SPF 30 plus provides protection from damaging pollution & blue light.
6. Sweat Proof Headphones– Jaybird’s Vista headphones are hands down my favorite headphones ever! They keep their charge for so long so they’re perfect for long runs. They’re also waterproof and sweat proof, which makes them great to workout in this time of year! They’re a little pricey, but I promise you they’re worth it.
7. Cooling Towel- This one is great to use during or after workouts to wick sweat and help prevent heat stress and fatigue
8. Nuun Hydration Tablets– I’ve been using these for years after my workouts and long runs. They replace lost electrolytes after hot workouts. All you have to do is dissolve them in water!
9. Face Cleansing Wipes– Perfect to use after a hot, outdoor workout when you’re on- the- go. These ones are so refreshing!
10. Sunglasses- These ones from goodr are lightweight and comfortable, perfect for outdoor workouts in the summer!
11. Lip Balm with SPF– Supergoop PLAY SPF 30 Lip Balm
12. Running shorts– My favorite right now are the Tracker Short made by lululemon. I love wearing them running or just around the house!
13. Socks- These socks made by Balega favorite socks for working out! They’re lightweight and keep feet cool and dry while working out.
14. Fanny Pack– Yes, I’m sharing my fanny pack, also known as the Everywhere Belt Bag from lululemon. It’s easy to toss on for a hands free walk with the dogs or morning run! I usually throw my cell phone, credit card, doggy bags, and keys in there so I don’t have to worry about carrying anything.
What are your summer workout essentials?!