Stovetop oatmeal is one of my favorite recipes to make in the winter!! There’s nothing like cozying up with a warm bowl of oats with your slippers and pajamas on in the morning! Southern California doesn’t get THAT cold, but it’s still chilly enough in the mornings that I crave oats.
These oats come together in no time! Just add oats, water, milk, and mashed banana (makes the oats extra creamy) to saucepan and cook over medium heat until all the liquid is absorbed! Next add the spices, vanilla, and maple syrup (you can also substitute and use molasses for this) and stir until everything is combined!
I topped my oats with persimmons, they’re so good right now, pomegranate seeds, they always look so festive, some creamy cashew butter, and fun gingerbread cookies!
I typically melt my nut butter in the microwave for 30- 40 seconds before adding it on top of the oats. It just adds so much creaminess!
What are your favorite oatmeal toppings?
Stovetop Gingerbread Oatmeal
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice (I used Primal Palate’s gingersnap)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ mashed banana
- Toppings- persimmons, pomegranate seeds, nut butter (I used cashew)
- Combine oats, banana, milk, and water to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then cook until liquid is mostly absorbed, stirring as needed.
- Lower heat and add spices, vanilla, & maple syrup, then stir to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl and add toppings of choice, enjoy!
This cozy bowl of holiday oats is the perfect way to warm up on a cold winter morning! It's creamy, cozy, delicious, and healthy! Enjoy!