PUMPKIN SEASON IS HERE! No better way to celebrate than with a stack of pumpkin spice french toast. This recipe is perfect to whip up for Sunday brunch with your family!
My pumpkin spice french toast comes together in no time and it’s good for you! Grab a few slices of multigrain bread and soak them in a creamy mixture made of pumpkin, almond milk, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spices, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon bun protein! Then place the slices on a skillet and let them cook until they’re golden brown. They can be topped with a little maple syrup, crushed pecans, vanilla yogurt, sautéed apples, or a drizzle of peanut butter. SO many yummy options!
This recipe doesn’t have to be saved for Sunday brunch. It can also be enjoyed after an intense workout or run outdoors! It’s packed with protein, healthy fats, and carbs to keep you full all morning long! Let me know if you give it a try and be sure to tag me on Instagram @becksliveshealthy
Healthy Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon bun or vanilla protein
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 slices multigrain bread
- coconut oil spray
- In a mixing bowl combine a pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, egg, almond milk, pumpkin purée, vanilla, & cinnamon bun protein.
- Dip slices of bread in mixture. Be sure to coat both sides of bread.
- Cook on a skillet coated in coconut oil spray until both sides of bread nice & crispy (about 1-2 mins per side)
- Top with desired toppings!
This healthy pumpkin spice french toast is quick, easy to make, and good for you! It's packed with pumpkin flavor and warm spices, and makes the perfect fall brunch! Enjoy!