What’s in my work bag?
I thought this would be a fun post to share! As many of you know after taking 2 years off from nursing to work for myself at home, I went back to work at the hospital in April. To tell you the truth, I didn’t know if I would ever go back to nursing. I was so burnt out, unhappy, and unmotivated when I left in 2018. But there was always a small part of me that missed it. I missed having more structure in my day, working with people, and making a difference in my patient’s lives. When the COVID pandemic started, I was lucky enough to go back to the hospital I used to work at. Instead of signing on as staff, I went back as a local travel nurse. If you’re interested in travel nursing, check out this post where I answer a ton of frequently asked questions.
It was quite the adjustment going back to work at the hospital after working from home for 2 years. I was quickly reminded that 12 hour shifts are no joke! So what helps get me through my long day at the hospital?!
- Stethoscope (even though I primarily use the disposable ones right now because of COVID).
- White Hydroflask to fill up water
- Teal Yeti coffee mug
- Hand sanitizer
- Hand lotion- my hands are SO dry right now
- Phone charger
- Extra hair ties
- Face mask to wear in- we get new ones at the entrance after they take our temp and ask if we have any new respiratory symptoms
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (I usually brush my teeth after lunch).
- Lunch bag- packed with a protein bar, yogurt with granola, a protein shake, and a big salad
All of my nurse friends, what are your shift must haves?